Due to the widespread closure of college campuses and the cancellation of events caused by the COVID-19 virus, the Sponsor must immediately cancel The Greeks Giving Championship Contest in accordance with Rule 9 of the Official Rules. No more prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Please stay tuned for information about the continuation of the The Greeks Giving Championship at a later date.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR ENTRY IN THE UNITED STATES. Not open to the general public.
1. Eligibility: The Greeks Giving Championship Contest (the “Contest”) is only open to: US collegiate Greek life chapters and campus council fundraising events that have a CrowdChange account (“Eligible Chapter” or “Chapter”). Chapters or Individuals that do not have a CrowdChange account/do not have access to a CrowdChange site but would like to participate in the Contest, may obtain an account for free by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a free temporary Contest site. A free CrowdChange site will be created for the Chapter/Individual’s use throughout the duration of the Contest Period. By entering, you will be required to agree to standard CrowdChange Terms of Service. The Contest is also open to all Eligible Chapter’s members who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and at least 18 years of age or older, both at the time of entry and that are raising money on behalf of the Chapter (“Individual”). Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of CrowdChange Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies involved with the Contest, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where the reside) and household of each such employee (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Not open to the general public.
Only one entry is permissible for each Eligible Chapter and each Individual for the Contest Period and each Entry Period (as described below). An individual from the Eligible Chapter must enter on behalf of the Eligible Chapter and such individual must have permission to enter its Chapter into the Contest. If such permission cannot be provided to Sponsor, the entrant may be disqualified and the prize (if any) shall be forfeited.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes Chapter and entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins on January 30th at 8:00 p.m. US Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on April 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET (“Contest Period”). The Contest consists of a grand prize entry pool and six (6) additional entry period pools as follows (each an “Entry Period”):
Entry Entry Period Entry Period Entry Period Approximate Period# Start Date/Time End Date/Time Winner Notification Date
1 February 6, 2020 at 12:00:01 am ET February 20, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET February 21, 2020
2 February 21, 2020 at 12:00:01 am ET March 5, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET March 6, 2020
3 March 6, 2020 at 12:00:01 am ET March 19, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET March 20, 2020
4 March 20, 2020 at 12:00:01 am ET April 2, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET April 3, 2020
5 April 3, 2020 at 12:00:01 am ET April 16, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET April 17, 2020
6 April 17, 2020 at 12:00:01 am ET April 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET May 1, 2020
Entry Periods do not begin until February 6 and there shall be no drawing (weekly or bi-weekly) that includes the first week of the Contest Period, except for the grand prize entry pool. All entries must be received before the end time/date of the Entry Period to be valid for such Entry Period. Chapters and Individuals may enter the grand prize entry pool during the Contest Period.
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) separate grand prize winner selection pools (one for Chapters and one for Individuals). There are also two (2) separate Entry Period prize winner selection pools per Entry Period (one for Chapters and one for Individuals). Chapters are not eligible to enter the Individual entry pools and Individuals are not eligible to enter the Chapter entry pools. Only donations that are processed through the Chapter’s/Individual’s CrowdChange account and not subject to a refund shall be eligible for purposes of this Contest.
Grand Prize Entry Pool (Chapter): During the Contest Period, each Chapter should solicit as many donations for its organization through CrowdChange as possible. At the conclusion of the Contest Period, each Chapter that has at least one successful and valid donation processed through CrowdChange will be entered into the Chapter grand prize entry pool, with its Contest entry being the total dollar amount of valid, non-refunded donations raised during the Contest Period.
Grand Prize Entry Pool (Individuals): During the Contest Period, each Individual should solicit as many donations for its organization through CrowdChange as possible. At the conclusion of the Contest Period, each Individual that has at least one successful and valid donation processed through CrowdChange will be entered into the Individual grand prize entry pool, with their Contest entry being the total dollar amount of valid, non-refunded donations raised during the Contest Period.
Entry Pool (Chapter): During an Entry Period, each Chapter should solicit as many donations for its organization through CrowdChange as possible. At the conclusion of such Entry Period, each Chapter that successfully has at least one successful and valid donation processed through CrowdChange during the Entry Period will be entered into the corresponding Chapter entry pool, with its entry being the total dollar amount of valid, non-refunded donations raised during the Entry Period.
Entry Pool (Individuals): During an Entry Period, each Individual should solicit as many donations for its organization through CrowdChange as possible. At the conclusion of such Entry Period, each Individual that has at least one successful and valid donation processed through CrowdChange during the Entry Period will be entered into the corresponding Individual entry pool, with their entry being the total dollar amount of valid, non-refunded donations raised during the Entry Period.
Standard Transaction Fees apply to donations. Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Any donation that is received after the Contest Period will be accepted by Sponsor but will not be counted as a donation to the entrant for purposes of this Contest and the determination of the winners. Donation amounts are not official or final until verified by the Sponsor, in its reasonable discretion. If it is determined that a Chapter (or any of its members) or Individual circumvents these Official Rules or obtains or attempts to obtain donations or entries via any fraudulent mechanism or other dishonest or deceitful means, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the Chapter and/or Individual in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion. Any attempt by any member of a Chapter to fraudulently circumvent these rules in order to obtain donations may result in disqualification from this Contest. All such donations received may result in disqualification of the Chapter for whom the improper donations were received if the Sponsor determines that that Chapter was involved in any way in the perpetration of such fraud.
Limit: One (1) account per Chapter and per Individual/email address. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to register multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
By entering, each Individual and Chapter agrees to provide Sponsor with a license to use its name and/or campus name in connection with this Contest, including without limitation, on leader boards and other materials advertising the Contest.
5. Winner Selection: Potential winners will be selected as follows (all winners are subject to verification)
Grand Prize: At the conclusion of the Contest Period, the Sponsor will total each Chapter’s and each Individual’s total monetary donations raised during the entire Contest Period. The one (1) Individual and the one (1) Chapter that raised the most money (in compliance with these Official Rules) as verified by the total shown on the Sponsor’s internal database will be the potential winner for the Grand Prize (“Grand Prize Winner(s)”).
Entry Period Prizes: At the conclusion of each Entry Period, the Sponsor will total each Chapter’s and Individual’s total monetary donations raised during such Entry Period. The one (1) Chapter and the one (1) Individual that raised the most money (in compliance with these Official Rules) as verified by the total shown on the Sponsor’s internal database will be the winner for such Entry Period (“Entry Period Winner(s)”).
In the event of a tie, the party that raised the total monetary donation amount first will be the winner, subject to verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all aspects of this Contest. Total monetary donations received will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and verified by the Sponsor, all in its sole discretion. Any leaderboards or other publically posted total are for illustrative purposes only and are not final.
For potential Entry Period winners, on or around the date listed in the chart in Section 3, the one (1) potential Entry Period Chapter winner and the one (1) potential Entry Period Individual winner will be notified via email. For potential Grand Prize Winners, on or around May 1st, 2020 the one (1) potential grand prize Chapter winner and the one (1) potential grand prize Individual winner will be notified via email.
All potential winners are subject to verification. If any potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if attempted notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, then winner may be disqualified and the prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within ten (10) business days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited. Prizes won by an eligible Individual who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
6. Prizes: The prizes available to be awarded to the verified winners are as follows:
Chapter Grand Prize (1): One (1) verified Chapter Grand Prize Winner will receive $5,000 awarded in the form of a check made payable to the Chapter.
Individual Grand Prize (1): One (1) verified Individual Grand Prize Winner will receive $2,500 awarded in the form of a check made payable to the Individual (or his/her parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor).
Chapter Entry Period Prize (1 prize per Entry Period, 6 total): For each Entry Period, the one (1) verified winner will receive their choice of one (1) of the following prizes: (i) a smart TV (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $400); (ii) a home theatre sound system (ARV: $400); or (iii) a coffee machine (ARV: $400).
Individual Entry Period Prize (1 prize per Entry Period, 6 total): For each Entry Period, the one (1) verified winner will receive their choice of one (1) of the following prizes: (i) a $200 credit to their campus book store; (ii) a $200 retail gift card; or (iii) a traditional laptop computer (ARV: $200).
ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used.
All prize details not set forth herein (including without limitation the brand, model, version, color, capacity, size, style, etc. of the prize) shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners acknowledge that the Released Parties (as defined in Section 7) have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms therefore, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Gift card(s) is subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions as set by issuer. Limit: Two (2) Entry Period prizes per Individual/Chapter/account. For the avoidance of doubt, a Chapter or Individual may win two (2) Entry Period prizes and a Grand Prize.
7. Release: As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, and agents, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize or any item redeemed therewith; (b) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, each Finalist, Semi-Finalist, and Winner grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, and/or likeness, as well as the name of the Chapter and its logos and trademarks in advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions, the website, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the website, or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND (2) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE AND IN SECTION 7(B)-(D), SO SUCH LANGUAGE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
11. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: This Contest and its Official Rules are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in New York, New York.
13. Winner’s List: For a list of winners, please email email@example.com. Requests must be received by June 14, 2020.